How much does a digital marketer earn in Nigeria?
Digital marketing jobs are very lucrative and very interesting. The digital marketing jobs starting salary in Nigeria may be as low as ₦150,000 monthly. But, an experienced marketer can earn over ₦250,000 per month.
What are the career opportunities in digital marketing?
Since companies are engaging customers by using the internet. But, they have to use several people in different roles. Above all, you need the skill-sets to help with this purpose.
Digital marketing is quite versatile. Also, digital marketing jobs are also creative in nature.
As a marketing professional, you might come across these fields in digital marketing:
- Video and audio production.
- Mobile Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Interactive Technology (like AI)
- Social Media.
- Email Marketing.
Starting out a digital marketing job
As a fresher, you do not need training in all these. Similarly, you have to master at least two or three of them. But, if you take up the role of a manager, you might have to know a couple of these.
Is Digital marketing a good career in 2021?
High-value, fun content has a huge scope for growth in Nigeria in 2021. Also, If you are looking to create it as a content author, digital marketing jobs could be a profitable domain. Now could be the time to own your writing skills.
Is digital marketing a high-paying job?
Yes, digital marketing jobs pay high.
How to get a High-Paying Digital Marketing Job?
The demand for digital marketing jobs is increasing in today’s connected marketplace. Also, It is one of the most profitable careers out there.
With such increasing demand, there is no doubt about getting into the digital industry. Above all, choosing a career in digital marketing is very beneficial.
Five Top Digital Marketing Jobs
Digital marketing jobs must touch upon tons of skills. Also, there are many digital roles and it has become an awfully remunerative choice. Thus, the demand for digital marketers is increasing.
Here are some digital marketing job categories:-
1. Digital Marketing Manager
They are responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns. Above all, they seeks to promote a corporation and its product or services. They play major roles in enhancing brand awareness.
But, it drives website traffic and leads/customers. Moreover, the digital marketing manager identifies and evaluates new digital technologies. He also uses internet analytics tools for live website traffic. In addition, this is to raise and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Design and administer all aspects of the digital marketing department.
- Develop and track campaign budgets.
- Plan and manage social media platforms.
- Prepare correct reports on individual marketing campaign’s performance.
- Measure the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with advertising and media specialists to boost marketing results.
- Identify the newest digital trends and technologies within the business.
The beginning pay of a digital marketing manager in Nigeria. It could also be as low as ₦180,000 monthly. But, a full-fledged manager will earn over ₦350,000 per month.
2. Digital Marketing Executive
Digital marketing jobs for executives are answerable for helping digital marketing managers. Also, they plan and put in place the company’s digital marketing plans and techniques.
In other words, this is to achieve digital marketing goals and objectives. The digital marketing executive will value more to concentrate on sure areas. For instance, search engine optimization (SEO), paid search (PPC), show media, social media.
- Design digital media campaigns in line with business goals.
- Coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content. For instance websites, blogs, press releases, and podcasts, infographics, videos, etc.
- Establish a respectable online and work to boost whole presence.
- Maintain and manage all social media channels.
- Liaise with marketing, sales, and merchandise development groups
Other Digital Marketing Executive Job Responsiblities
- Suggest and put in place marketing ways.
- Suggest methods and ways for improvement on your digital marketing jobs.
- Track and find insights into competitor’s methods.
- Develop and check ROI and KPIs.
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and the latest trends.
The pay of a Digital marketing jobs in Nigeria could also be ₦150,000 monthly. But, a well-showed and full-fledged trafficker will earn over ₦250,000 per month.
3. Social Media Manager
This is also good for any Nigerian graduate. Social Media Managers ease corporations to speak with customers across social media platforms.
Together with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Social Media Managers get used to the use of analytic tools in understanding. But, customers act with their brand. Social media marketing managers produce content campaigns. This is to attract and interact with existing and new customers.
- Implementing a social media strategy that may align with the brand’s business goals.
- Communicating with social media followers and responding to their queries on time.
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media.
- Analyzes social media analytical tools to grasp shopper impression. This is to build recommendations for brand new methods.
- Interact with the varied groups and departments. This is to build impactful social media plans. These plans to profit all aspects of the business.
- Pitch social-media story concepts to editorial groups. This keeps everybody appraised of breaking news and trending topics.
- Research audience preferences and see current social media trends.
- Oversee and manage all social media accounts and pages.
- Develop an artless social media content calendar on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Find artistic ways in which to maximize content across platforms and media varieties.
- Reports social media performance through analytics weekly, monthly, and per campaign analytics.
The beginning pay of a Social Media Manager in Nigeria could also be as low as ₦120,000 monthly. But, a well-evidenced and full-fledged manager will earn over ₦200,000 per month.
4. Content Strategist
Content Strategists handle the intellection and creation of compelling content.
A Content Strategist is answerable for adding worth. By participating with customers/stakeholders and maintaining a brand voice.
Also, content strategist understands the facility of keyword analysis. Above all, it might improve SEO ( search engine optimization).
- Writing of promoting copy to market the company’s products/services.
- Manage and promote the corporate weblog.
- Pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms.
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and case studies).
- Proofreading and written material of weblog posts.
Other Content Responsibilities
- Conducting keyword analysis exploitation many tools
- Exploiting SEO tips to extend internet traffic.
- Updating the company’s website content once required.
- Collaborate with different departments to form innovative content concepts.
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers.
The beginning pay of a Content strategist in Nigeria could also be as low as ₦80,000 monthly. But, a well-showed and full-fledged strategist will earn over ₦150,000 per month.
5. Search Engine Specialist (SEO & SEM)
Search Engine Specialist manages program marketing activities (including SEO & PPC) of a company.
A program Specialist work on behalf of organizations. For instance, to make sure that once audiences and relevant content.
- Reviewing and analyzing consumer sites for areas that will be improved and optimized.
- Preparing careful strategy reports.
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the foremost valuable traffic.
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert guests.
- Filling websites and different content with effective keywords.
- Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites, and social media accounts.
- Developing link-building methods.
- Analyzing keywords and SEO techniques utilized by competitors.
- Keeping updated on each white hat and black hat SEO methods to avoid keep inside program tips.
- Compiling and presenting SEO tips.
The beginning pay of an SEO/SEM Specialist in Nigeria could also be as low as ₦150,000 monthly. But, a well showed and a full-fledged specialist will earn over ₦300,000 per month.
A career in digital marketing is lucrative if you play your cards right. You need to keep your learning and you should always aim high.
Never be complacent when you are opting for a career in digital marketing.
In conclusion, there will always be room for improvement.