To share ideas, grow influence, and connect to many people, creating and sharing videos have become the next big thing on the internet. This is where YouTube falls in.
One of the widely used channels to promote and entertain one’s audience. Before creating and uploading videos on this platform, there are some important things one needs to note down. First, you need to be aware of the different YouTube video sizes before creating any videos.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is one of the social media tools for creating and sharing videos. It’s a video-sharing service where users can like, comment, watch videos as well as share and upload. You can actually do all this using a laptop, mobile phone, tablet etc
To let you know there is an ideal YouTube video size. The ideal length is 10 minutes, but the report has it that YouTube videos from five to ten minutes performed well on the platform.
In starting your YouTube channel, not only should you provide top-notch content but also upload videos in the right format to boost audiences’ engagement and views.
What Is The Best YouTube Video Size?
YouTube is one social platform with quite several users (1.9 billion users) To ensure your video is well displayed, you need to know the right YouTube video size before making any videos.
The right YouTube dimensions can stimulate viewers and encourage them to keep pressing the push on your videos.
Knowing the best YouTube video size will help get more views on your channels and also make more money on YouTube.
How videos are displayed
For your YouTube videos, the standard ratio is 16.9 for PC YouTube.
Even if your YouTube video has a different size, it will be automatically charged to the ideal YouTube video size to match your video and the viewer’s device for great viewing pleasure.
Also, the videos will have black bars by the side because of the automatic change of uploaded YouTube videos without the standard ratio.
How to adjust YouTube video manually
Do you know you can adjust the YouTube video screen automatically based on the device you are using? Either on your mobile phone or desktop. Including the internet speed?
Yes, you can!
And you can also change the YouTube video size to watch at a higher or lower resolution.
This is how to do it.
- Click on your YouTube video, then go to YouTube settings wheel.
- Click on quality
- Click on YouTube video resolution
Now, you can view your YouTube video in a higher resolution or in a lower resolution to save your data.
Best YouTube video sizes
For the best quality of YouTube uploads, the dimensions below are recommended:
Resolution dimensions quality
- 240 – 426 × 240 = The minimum YouTube video size good for viewing on a slow internet connection
- 360p – 640 × 360 = Best for YouTube videos that are to be embedded on site.
- 480p – 854 × 480 = The standard definition of a YouTube video size
- 720p – 1280 × 720 = This is preferred YouTube video size when viewing videos with mobile data or slow internet connection.
- 1080p – 1920 ×1080 = The standard HD YouTube video size and the best option for viewing
- 1440p – 2560 × 1440 = The 2k video quality YouTube video size
- 2160p – 3840 × 2160 = The 4k video quality YouTube video size.
Like I initially said, if your video is not in the recommended 16.9 aspect ratio, it will be padded with black bars to ensure optimal viewing.
Also, have it in mind that the maximum YouTube video file size is 128GB.
Best YouTube Video Format
The best YouTube video format is the Mp4 with AAC-LC audio codec and H-264 video codec with the standard 16.9 aspect ratio. It gives a high-quality video at a smaller size.
Although Mp4 is the recommended format for YouTube video, here are other formats that are also compatible: MOV, 3GP, AVI, HEVC, FLV, WMV, MPEG4, WEBM, ProRes, Cineform, MPEG-PS, DNxHR, etc.
Recording videos with the right dimensions:
Shooting a video in a portrait mode will make videos occupy a small part of the video player. This is why you need to remember that YouTube videos have an aspect ratio of 16.9.
So remember to shoot all your videos In landscape mode regardless of the device.
If you are using a mobile device to shoot your videos, you need to get the video dimensions right.
Head to camera settings to see the maximum dimensions to shoot your video.
Remember that a higher resolution means much more space. So, try shooting videos in a lower resolution to save more space on your mobile device or smartphone.
Nevertheless, you can try to balance both by making good use of your space as well as creating great quality videos.
Shoot your videos in 720p or 1080p. In this way, your YouTube video would not occupy much space and there will also be a quality video at hand.
Basic Information To Know About YouTube
• The standard YouTube video size is 1080p, or 1920 × 1080. You can also upload your videos with different sizes like 2160p, 1440p, 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p
• The aspect ratio is 16.9 on a PC but YouTube will automatically change the ideal size to match viewers devices if you upload with a different aspect ratio. Other aspect ratios are 4:3, 1:1, 2.4.1.
But 16.9 is the standard aspect ratio.
• The best video format is the mp4 with an H-264 video codec and AAC audio codec. It also supports other compatible formats like MOV, AVI, WMV, WebM, etc.
One of the great ways to be globally heard and seen is through the YouTube platform. It’s great for sharing content through videos and capturing people’s attention. To stay relevant, you need to be consistent. And to get quite several views and engagement, you need to upload videos using the right format and video size. Now you know about the YouTube video sizes, start to create videos to grow your brand.
Please leave a comment.