Social media post sizes are constantly changing. When you think you finally have the perfect cover page for your account, you suddenly realize it has been resized and looks all pixelated and wrong.
If you have been on the search for the current social media post size for popular social media platforms, search no more.
In this article, you’ll discover a guide to the ideal image sizes for seven of the top social media networks.
#1. Facebook Image Sizes
Facebook is the biggest social network in the world. To attract and interact with its wide user base of about $1.1 billion, the selection of the perfect Facebook image size could make all the difference.
When choosing your photos, always remember that there is a difference between how things appear on your timeline, and how things appear in a user’s news feed.
Facebook cover photo size:
For desktop: 820 x 312 pixels
For mobile: 640 x 360 pixels
Facebook profile photo size:
For desktop: More than or equal to 180 x 180 pixels
For mobile: More than or equal to 140 x 140 pixels
- Facebook banner dimensions: 1200 x 630 pixels
- Link/ Update image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- For best results upload JPG file less than 100 KB
- Images with text (for instance, brand logo) must be a PNG file
If you are endorsing your brand on Facebook, make sure the image size is 1200 x 628 pixels and has only 20% text in it.
Facebook Event Image Sizes
If you have an event you wish to announce, Facebook Events help grab the attention of users. Your audience will receive reminders so, have a good space with an even better image waiting for them. Ensure you have the right dimensions down for a Facebook Event cover photo.
- Recommended upload size: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
- Facebook will scale down to minimum dimensions for 470 × 174.
- Shows in feed: 470 × 174.
#2. Instagram Image Sizes
Instagram is particularly popular in niches such as fashion and beauty, home décor, and design. It is possibly the best platform currently for influencer marketing.
As a platform that runs on visuals, it requires that the right Instagram post size be used.
Instagram profile image sizes
- Profile photo size: 110 x 110 pixels
- Photo size: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Photo thumbnail: 161 x 161 pixels
- Appear on the home page at 110 x 110 pixels
- Upload a photo with a width of at least 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 4:5 for best results.
Instagram Story Image Sizes
Since it was introduced, Instagram reels and stories have performed amazingly well. With over 500 million monthly daily active users, it has become the most popular platform for people to discover and interact with your brand. With these story image sizes, you should make successful interactions.
- Recommended resolution: 1080 x 1920
- Aspect ratio: 9:16.
#3. Twitter Image Sizes
The bird app, as it is most fondly called, is one of the best social media networks. It is often used to discuss brands, businesses, and trends. Your Twitter profile picture will be your identity here. So, make certain that it is attractive.
Just like your cover photo on other social networks, your Twitter header image is your branding opportunity. Use your header image to promote your marketing message and company tagline.
Twitter image size
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400 pixels (file size must be less than 5 MB)
- Twitter cover photo size: 1500 x 500 pixels (file size must be less than 5 MB)
- Image from a Tweet with shared link: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Tweet sharing a single image: 1200 x 675 pixels
- Tweet sharing two images: 700 x 800 pixels (both images)
- Tweet sharing three images:
- Left image: 700 x 800 pixels
- Right images: 1200 x 686 pixels
- Tweet sharing four images: 1200 x 600 pixels (per image)
- Four is the maximum number of images available on one Tweet
- Recommended file type: JPG, GIF, or PNG file
Further Reading: The Best Time to Post on Social Media for Highest Engagement in 2021
#4. LinkedIn Image Sizes
LinkedIn is known as the largest professional network for B2B as well as recruiters to connect with industry leaders.
So, profile pictures are important here, as in any of the other networks. You must get the LinkedIn social media post size and the aspect of your profile image correctly.
LinkedIn Personal Profile Image Sizes
- Profile photo: 400 x 400 pixels
- Cover image: 1584 x 396 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 4:1
LinkedIn Company Page Image Sizes
- Logo size: 300 x 300 pixels (min); 400 x 400 pixels (max); File size: 4 MB (max)
- Cover image: 1128 x 191 pixels
- Blog post image: 1350 x 440 pixels
- File size: 10 MB (max)
- Supported file type: JPG, GIF, or PNG
LinkedIn Life Tab Image Sizes
The LinkedIn life tab lets you share the relatable side of your company with prospective clients and job seekers. It allows you to give people a glimpse of your company culture, ethics, photos, employee perspectives.
LinkedIn company profile image sizes
- Hero image size: 1128 x 376
- Custom module image size: 502 x 282 pixels
- Company photos size: 900 x 600
- Supported file type: JPNG, JPG, or GIF
#5. YouTube Image Sizes
Over one-third of internet users visit YouTube. That’s a lot of visitors, and having an attractive cover photo and channel can help you improve your conversion rate.
For visual content, you should make your videos very much accurate. For that, an upload size should be also defined to make your video visually sound. For this social media channel, the post size is somewhat structured.
YouTube channel image guide
- Channel cover photo: 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Channel profile image: 800 x 800 pixels
- Video uploads: 16:9 ratio
With the fixed ratio, you can upload your video in various resolutions such as;
- 2160p – 3840×2160
- 1440p – 2560×1440
- 1080p (HD) – 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 720p (HD) – 1280 x 720 pixels
- 480p –854 x 480 pixels
- 360p –640 x 360 pixels
- 240p –426 x 240 pixels
- 144p –256 x 144 pixels
#6. Pinterest Image Sizes
Pinterest is possibly the internet’s favorite referral link social media platform. Since Pinterest gets a bunch of views from visitors across the globe, it’s a platform for brands to post content and link back to owned online real estate to drive traffic, leads, and sales. If you also want to leverage Pinterest’s “linkability”, make your images look amazing using the right social media post sizes.
Pinterest Image Size
- Profile image: 165 x 165 pixels
- Recommended pin size: 236 pixels x Adjustable Height; 2:3 ratio for vertical pins (recommended)
- Board image size: 222 x 150 pixels
- Supported file type: JPG and PNG for profile pictures
#7. Tumblr Image Sizes
Tumblr is a social network that allows users to easily customize and share anything they want. Even though the profile photo of Tumblr doesn’t appear always, you should make sure that you choose the ideal Tumblr post size.
Tumblr Image Size
- Profile photo size: 128 x 128 pixels
- Cover images: 3000×1055 pixels
- Image post: Dash image sizes max at 1,280 x 1,920 pixels and show in feeds at 500 x 750 pixels
- JPG, GIF, PNG or BMP image is recommended
- Image can’t exceed 10MB
- Animated GIFs must be under 3 MB and max at 540 pixels
Using the right social media post size will prevent pixelation and awkward image stretching so your audience gets to see the full photo you are representing. Use the guidelines in this post to help your visual content look perfect and earn you more engagement.