What could you miss with social media marketing? Using Pinterest for business is yet another part to explore in your digital marketing strategies.
A Brief Overview of Pinterest
Pinterest is a social networking site where people get inspiration and ideas for their interests and hobbies.
This social media platform is focused on finding fresh ideas and inspiration for the topics that you care about. That’s why Pinterest has designed three feeds so that you may browse Pins and discover the inspiration you need
- The home feed
- The explore feed and
- The following feed
A Pin is an image that users may search for and save on Pinterest. Pins can also contain links to other websites, which is why Pinterest is such a successful tool for increasing traffic and revenue.
Pins assist customers in locating further information about products they are considering purchasing.
A wide range of interests may be found in Pinterest’s most popular categories such as fashion and food, automobiles, interiors, and travel.
Think of Pinterest as an image search engine rather than a social network.
For example, the search term “black leather sandals” will bring up thousands of results in the form of pins from fashion businesses, online merchants, bloggers, and other Pinterest users.
Getting started with Pinterest for business
- Get on the platform, either through the mobile app or the web.
- To create a business profile, go to Pinterest for business and “join as a business”
- Fill out the form with information about your company and the person in charge of the account. Then accept the Pinterest Terms of Service and click “Create Account” when you’re done.
If you have a personal account on Pinterest already, don’t worry, you can switch to a business account.
- To begin, go to your profile and sign in.
- To upgrade your account, click on the three dots icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and select “Upgrade your account”.
- Fill out the form with information about your company and the person who will be in charge of your account, and then click “Done.”
- All of the Pinterest for Business profile features, including Pinterest Analytics and Pinterest Ads, will be available to you when you’ve completed these steps!
Benefits of using Pinterest for business
1. Pinterest converts more browsers into buyers than any other social media platform.
When compared to other social media websites, Pinterest is distinguished by the fact that it reduces the number of steps required from discovery to conversion. In other words, visitors from Pinterest convert into leads or sales at a quicker rate than visitors from other social media platforms.
This is because of the way the platform works as you can easily link back to your website or online store with a pin.
Think of Pinterest as the best place to capture leads for your business.
2. Pins Increase the Number of Links You Get from Other Websites
Pinterest is great since each pin includes a link to the original source of the image. John Jantsch, CEO of Duct Tape Marketing, argues that “links established through photos are some of the best links you can acquire when it comes to actual interaction.”
This is to say that pins and re-pins accounted for nearly all of the photographs on Pinterest.
Pinterest’s expanding popularity will supply you with a significant number of highly relevant backlinks. And as long as visitors return to your site via these links, it’s always a good thing.
3. Your website, Twitter account, and Facebook profile can all be linked to your Pinterest account.
Connectivity appears to be a key aspect in the development of social media websites.
On Pinterest, you can automatically add new pins on Facebook to the news feed of those who follow you. As a result, your Pinterest photographs will be seen by a wider audience.
Also, you can instantly send the pins you created on Pinterest to your Twitter feed as long as youre using the same email address for both your Pinterest and Twitter accounts.
A ‘Pin It’ button can also be added to a company’s website or blog (similar to other social media sharing buttons). Using this feature, visitors to your site may easily pin items or other visual information.
4. Pinterest Is Hugely Popular
Think of what a ten-million-viewing audience will do for your business.
Any website would do well with these numbers.
This massive traffic would be beneficial for your business especially if your website is the engine that powers your sales and marketing efforts.
Pinterest is a good way to get more traffic to your website by increasing the number of links to your site.
In fact, early data shows that Pinterest is more effective than other social networking platforms, even Facebook, in driving traffic back to a website.
A website would receive more traffic from Pinterest than it does from Facebook.
Warbly Parker, an up-and-coming yet low-cost eyeglass store, says Pinterest accounts for 11% of its social traffic. Twitter accounts for 18% of the total.
5. The level of engagement among users is high.
Pinterest can become highly addictive to the users and this is good for business. People are always available to engage with your pins on the platform.
Pinterest users are far from being passive individuals and you can utilize the platform to stick to the minds of your audience.
Tips to become successful with using Pinterest for business
1. Pin more frequently and more evenly spaced
You will get more Pinterest engagement by pinning more frequently. So instead of pinning once or twice a day, increase your frequency to ten pins a day and watch out for massive results.
Also, schedule your pins and space them out for easier assimilation to your readers. You don’t want to lose their attention because your pins are ill-arranged.
2. Use beautiful images with the correct image quality
The visual nature of Pinterest means that creating high-quality, compelling visual content to post is essential for effective business use of the network.
Because users browse Pinterest on their mobile devices, you should use more Imagery that is oriented vertically. Be informed that ratios of 2:3 or above are recommended to avoid awkwardly cropped photos in post-production.
Take into consideration the quality of your images and video. Pixelation should be avoided at all costs; therefore, Pinterest advice you to choose the highest-quality image and video.
The caption should also be descriptive. Good descriptions can help you enhance your search engine optimization, provide context for your photos, and encourage users to click on links in your content.
If it makes sense for your business and is consistent with your Pinterest marketing strategy, include your logo in your Pins to ensure that your brand does not get lost in the shuffle of Repins and re-posts.
3. Use catchy descriptions, prioritize keyword
Since the Pinterest algorithm prioritizes keywords, you should be sure to use the keywords your audience might be searching for in your caption so that once someone types in the keyword in a search, your pins will come up.
4. Use multiple images in a pin
Using multiple images will help your showcase your brand more and give you a better chance to be seen.
Instead of adding just one picture to a pin, you should bring a range of multiple pictures together and showcase your brand more.
5. Use pins with text in them
Use pins with text to communicate your messages to your users at a glance.
This is not a must but it is advisable to do this so you don’t bore your readers with too many details.
Extra tips on using Pinterest for business
- Your boards should be organized. This will make your pins more discoverable, which could lead to more followers.
- PinGroupie can help you find and contribute to popular group boards.
- Check your Pinterest data regularly to check how your pins and boards are performing.
- Pins should not have borders or other modifications, such as rounded corners.
- Before pinning, increase the brightness and saturation of the image. When photographs are pinned to Pinterest, they appear a tad darker.
- Create photos with a discreet logo or business name in the bottom corner.
- Keep ideas and possible retweets in the “Likes” section of Pinterest.
- To stay up to date on a particular subject, visit the boards created for that purpose.
- Include a link to your website in your bio and make sure the domain is valid.
- Connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Pinterest account.
- Preview your pins before posting, Check to see that your links are functioning properly broken links will ruin your marketing. In order to provide Pinners with the greatest possible user experience, ensure that the link associated with your Pin does not lead to a 404 error and that it loads promptly on the Pin.
FAQS in using Pinterest for business
Should use long descriptions on Pinterest?
This depends on the post and the audience you’re targeting. Sometimes long descriptions are better to convey the message but make sure to keep it catchy and interesting.
Should you use hashtags for posting on Pinterest?
The use of hashtags on Pinterest is entirely optional, as the site’s algorithm is primarily concerned with keywords.
For example, if someone searches for material using a hashtag and the search results contain only a few Pins that are labeled with that hashtag, the results may be displayed in a feed that does not include the hashtag.
Should you add links to your pins?
It’s always advisable to add links to your pins on Pinterest.
This is so you don’t lose the opportunity to earn yourself some backlinks.
Is it worth having a Pinterest business account?
Yes, having a Pinterest account will save you more time and resources to promote your business.
What type of business should use Pinterest?
Any type of business can use Pinterest. As long as your brand has visuals that can be added as a pin, you can promote them on Pinterest.
Is Pinterest free for businesses?
Yes, you can promote your business for free on Pinterest unless you want to run Pinterest ads which are not free.
Does Pinterest help small businesses?
Yes, Pinterest helps small businesses gain visibility and reach more customers.
Final words on using Pinterest for business
Creating a strategy is the first step to using Pinterest for business.
Don’t just rush into it without first planning it out.
Developing a Pinterest marketing plan entails establishing SMART objectives; (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound).
Also, understanding the general Pinterest audience and the group that is most likely to use this channel are also important steps in developing your strategy.
Always find out who the precise Pinterest target demographic for your brand is while drafting your strategy.
It is also important to take into consideration what your competitors are doing on this social media site so you learn what they’re missing and what you can improve on.
In conclusion, planning and adding on-brand content for Pinterest into your social media content plan is a great way to keep your audience engaged.
Once you’ve established a clear approach, you can begin putting your plan into action.
You can also hire a social media marketing agency to do it for you.